Sunday, July 24, 2011

Family/Friends

Last night we had dinner with Valya and her family. They have taken very good care of Megan while she has been here. I am grateful that Megan has them! It was nice that Valya speaks English so well. I didn't feel as out of place as I did with Mariana and her family, they spoke no English. Their curiosity of the United States and our traditions, foods we eat, and just people in general was interesting. I guess until you see both countries you really have no idea. Minnesota is so similar to Bulgaria in many ways. I think it would be easy to live here, except for the language thing. :) I have been surprised at the number of people that do speak some English. It's a treat when you find one of those people!

Lunch on Friday with the family Megan lived with for her first 3 months here. It was in the village of Popitsa. A 5 hour train/bus ride from where Megan lives now. This was the first time she had been back to visit with them in almost a year. She did see them at the B27 swearing in ceremony. What can I say? So MUCH food! I couldn't eat it all. We had cake, peanuts, icecream, watermelon and junkies before this was served! I was already stuffed! There was also bread and cantaloupe. They have 2 huge gardens! There was a storm a couple of days before we got there and they were still cleaning up from it. The gardens were still beautiful! So many vegatables and flowers.











In a couple of hours we will head to Sofia. The last of the train rides for me. We are planning on seeing the military museum this afternoon and the zoo and some of the churches tomorrow. It's hard to believe that my 2 weeks are up. They went by way to fast! It's been a bittersweet trip!









No comments:

Post a Comment